Monday 8 October 2012

A few updates!

So I have a few things to get out of my head today!

First up - we weighed ourselves yesterday.  Unbeknownst to us, our scales had stopped working properly around 6ish weeks ago.  When I plateaued at 78kg for 3 weigh ins - although I was discouraged at the time and could never see myself getting below that weight - and now we know it was the bloody scales not working properly cos a leg fell off and they were wobbly!

So my weight is now 73.1kg (going by the wii fit).  Its funny, when I was 103kg I thought that anyone who was 75ish didn't really need to lose weight, they were so lucky to not be as heavy as me - but now that I'm here, I realise that I have a LOT of weight left to lose.  (See picture for evidence!)

 

I still have a LOT of weight around my belly and on my thighs, realistically I could probably get down to 55kg (both my mum and sister are usually this weight) and not look too skinny.  I'd build muscle of course, so I would be an athletic type of body - I can't wait till I get to that point!

So my weight is 73.1kg, I've gone down to 29.87% body fat and I lost 10cm in the last month.  So according to BMI calculators my BMI is 26.9 which means I'm still classed as overweight.  Definitely have to keep going!

Now the next thing - I'm so over my bloating issue.  When I went paleo that took that issue away, but it gave me the runs all the time.  So what was causing the runs? I thought it was the lack of fibre (as compared to a diet containing grains) but maybe it was from a excessive amount of fat OR protein (excessive in comparison to what I had normally been having).  Google tells me it could be either.  So, do I go paleo again, but not have as much fat?  We weren't eating THAT much fat, only with our bacon, I never added extra fat to things, but we did have some homemade lara bars made with coconut oil, and they were quite slimy with oil.

So I thought that since my nose is also blocked again - I'll go off dairy for a month and see if that helps.  So thats my newest plan - go off dairy for the month.

And yet another thing - I've started a "No Junk Food Challenge" - so its this:


So I had day 1 today, pretty easy considering we never ate those things in the first place.  Although we have no ice cream for after dinner and thats something I normally have, as well as biscuits with my evening cuppa so that should be interesting tonight after dinner!

Current weight:  73.1 kg
Total weight loss to date:  29.9kg (sooo close to 30kg)


No comments:

Post a Comment