Wednesday 26 September 2012

Back on the horse I tells ya

Ok, so 10 years ago I was married to my first husband (yes, even fat girls can have a few men interested in them in their life time!) and I was going to Vic Uni and studying legal studies.  I used to ride my husband's bike to uni, because we lived about 5 blocks away.  One day I was riding and I swerved to miss a little kid who jumped out in front of me, and my handle bar got stuck in a fence and the bike flipped.  As did I.  And then the bike landed on me and ran over my face.  I was traumatised by the experience!  I limped all the way to uni (crying of course like the big sook I am) and had a hug from one of my friends (I think he was a bit weirded out cos I was normally pretty tough!).

So then I got cleaned up, went to classes as usual, took the bike home (walked - I wasn't getting on that again!).  So when my husband got home, I told him about the accident and expected a bit of love and affection because I was still hurting from it, and all I got was...

"IS THE BIKE OK?!"

Fuck the bike buddy - how about your wife!!

Anyhooooo....... that was the last time I went on a bike.  Until today.  I felt like going for a walk (6 months ago I never had those feelings) and so we put the kids in various prams, Sparrow rode his bike, and Elf Man and I headed out for a small 3.2km walk.

Then after we got back - I took one of our bikes out for a ride.  Just up and down the street, and it felt so free!  To have the ground so close to me whilst moving quickly was a bit scary for me, and the friggin' magpie that was attacking me was a complete pain in the arse, but it felt good to be back on there.

I'm realising that this IS a lifestyle now, and calorie counting is great and it does get you where you need to be - however its not a lifestyle you can do forever, and I wouldn't want to.  So I'm going to eat good food, move my arse at least 6 times a week in various exercises, and my new goal isn't to be 65kg - its to have my legs not wobble when I walk.  Too much fat on my legs and arse and I wobble - so thats my goal!  To have that stop wobbling.

Forget about the scale, forget about BMI, forget about body fat percentage - my goal is to not have wobbly legs when I walk.

Good wholesome food + exercise = my wobbly jelly legs gone forever!

Well, thats the plan anyway........

2 comments:

  1. You're doing so well Mel. You're changing all of the right things. Not eating junk, exercising regularly, your mind set. I think it's the thinking part that keeps tripping me up. Gotta change that and I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my goal too Mel. Its not the scales I care about. It's how long it takes for my bingo wings and arse to stop wobbling after I have stopped moving that I care about.
      I hope you know you have done an amazing job and you should be incredibly proud of yourself xx

      Delete