Monday 3 September 2012

An update - back to basics

Ok so first up I will confess and say we didn't finish the whole 30 challenge. We really did give it a good go, but we quit for two reasons.

1) I was sick of having the runs. Yup, it's out there - I felt like I had IBS again, I had to run to the toilet to avoid disaster and I hate that feeling.

2) I was looking at treats too much. Since you are so restricted, you go looking for stuff you can have, which led me to treats that replace normal foods. However they are so high in calories - its not good for weight loss. I hated obsessing about foods.

I also obsessed about food when calorie counting. So we are going back to basics - back to what worked for the first 10kg. Just good food.

No lollies, chocolate, chips, takeaway food - you get the idea. If I want white potatoes, I'm going to have them. We will stick with the cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, and zucchini instead of pasta, but that's only because we like it, not because it's paleo or low carb or whatever.

So I'm going to get up at 6am to exercise and I'm going to write out an exercise plan for the week. I weighed in yesterday and I still have a way to go, so I'm not going to let myself lose focus.

Current weight: 78kg
Total weight lost to date: 25kg (I'm recognising that I was 103 in March instead of ignoring that achievement of losing 3kg the month before I officially started)

Weight left to lose: 13kg

1 comment:

  1. You gotta do what works for you!
    Although, how am I supposed to do it if you didn't? lol.

    ReplyDelete