Monday 10 December 2012

Day one

So I decided to write my blog every day so as to keep myself on track.  I won't bore all my friends and post the link on facebook for them to read, because, well, this is probably going to be bloody boring, and its just for a constant reminder to myself on how to eat well, and that I already KNOW what to do, I just have to STFU and do it.

So today for breakfast I had oats. Normal quick oats, 1/3 cup.  Soaked them in some water for about 15 minutes, and then put some blueberries, strawberries, linseeds, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, half a banana and half a teaspoon of honey on it.  Then added some light milk when it was done in the microwave cos it was still a bit sticky.  Delicious!

I had a visitor during the morning so I didn't have anything but a cup of coffee (and a slice of apple), until I made her some vegan chocolate mousse (Quirky Cooking recipe) and I had a bit of that as well.  Yes, its high in calories, but so good for you!! 

Then for lunch, I was tossing up what to have, could have a sandwich with tuna, however Elf Man needed all the tins for his week at prac, and we didn't have any other meat things, so I made a salad.  Lettuce, and green capsicum were my starting point.  Boiled some eggs up, threw one of that in as well.  Then steamed some pumpkin and green beans - threw them in as well.  And then I spotted the rest of the apple that was left over on the bench - chucked that in as well.  Plus water - to drink, not to float my salad.

Then afternoon tea - some homemade hommus on rye biscuits.  I only discovered rye biscuits through the Ashy Bines eating plan, and I was skeptical but they are actually really yummy!

Dinner - beef stirfry - with beans, radishes, carrot, red onion and capsicum.  Threw in some lime juice and tamari to flavour. On a bed of cauliflower "rice".

And finished the day with a fruit and yoghurt ice cream (my favourite) and a cup of tea (obviously not consumed at the same time).

Day one over and completed successfully with NO crap food and no craving.

Day two - I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment