Saturday 1 December 2012

31 Days of Clean

Ok so I've slacked off again - this weight loss stuff is hard!  Its so easy to fall back into old habits and excuses.   I had slacked off then found my mojo again, and then when I was preparing for a surprise trip to Tassie I sort of gave myself the excuse to just eat crap.  No need to start a new diet plan because I didn't expect my friends to feed me that way you know.  Didn't want to put them out because it was a surprise that I was coming. So I had already gotten slack and then when I was down there I indulged in some pretty terrific (yet calorie high) food.

SO!  Now that I'm back, I've set myself a new challenge - 31 days of Clean.  This is my clean eating plan for the whole of December (including Christmas yes!).

Today I woke up and instead of coffee with milk I had a herbal tea.  I then made homemade Almond milk because every packaged one I found at Coles yesterday had added sugar, even the organic one which uses Agave Syrup, which has been proven to not be something that is considered clean.  So I thought "fuck it" and made my own with a couple of dates to sweeten.

Then I made myself a poached egg on rye toast for breakfast.  I got the idea from Ashy Bines on the rye bread, however, it has been noted on another blog that wholemeal bread is "clean" as well, so I think I will make my own wholemeal bread instead of buying rye. 

Unfortunately dairy doesn't really agree with me, so I will drop milk but will still have yoghurt a few times a week (homemade yoghurt - no sugar).  And of course, no pasta and rice etc.  Most of my main meals are meat and vegies - with LOTS of broccoli.

I have a plan with different options for every meal and snacks, and I will stick to that.  It still needs a bit of refining, there are a few different opinions out there on what exactly clean eating is, for example, Ashy Bines says her plan is a clean eating plan, however she has protein powder and bars, and if you read the guidelines on some blogs about what clean eating is - they don't fit into it.  She also doesn't recommend milk - other blogs say milk is fine as long as its full fat, and others say its fine as long as its low fat.  Confusing much?

Therefore, I've made my own Melcra Clean Eating Plan - everyone else is just too confusing for me, so I've taken bits and pieces from everything I have read and mixed it with stuff that I like and I know is good for me.

I weighed in this morning at 75.8kg.  Shocking how easy it is to pack the weight back on.  Almost too easy.  I'm not weighing myself until January 1st either, just as an added challenge to myself from frequent weigh ins!

31 days - let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment