Tuesday 15 May 2012

Inspiration vs motivation

For all the times that I have tried to diet, and there have been many, I thought that it was all about the inspiration.  Inspiration from other people to create the drive to lose weight.  I have a few inspirational people in my life at the moment, Selina and Nicki being two of them that are a great inspiration to me with their weight loss.

However, I have discovered that it doesn't seem to matter how much inspiration you are provided with, if you don't create your own motivation to lose weight, then the odds for success probably aren't very high.

So this is my motivation.


Isn't it hideous?  This was taken on the 25th March this year.  This is my motivation to lose weight.  To never be like this again.  I've never been as disgusted to look at a picture of myself as I am to look at this one.

So I have the motivation now - this hangs on my fridge so I can see it every time I feel like a snack.

3 weeks in, 4.5kg down - I think its working.

Must be off to go and exercise!  Although I was good and didn't have chocolate and lollies today that were on offer - I snacked a lot, so best hop on that bike!

And to keep a record for myself - I'm did 11 sit ups and 8 push ups last night.  My aim is to try and do one more the next night.  Don't think I'll last too long on that one with the push ups - I'm bloody heavy to try and push off the floor!

2 comments:

  1. Push ups are bloody hard! I do them on my knees still, aiming to get to do a proper one, or do them against a wall, still has your weight behind it but a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can only do girly push ups if that helps. My wrists are still really weak from having issues when last pregnant, so I can't support my whole weight on them! Besides the fact I'm so heavy and too unfit and weak to do it!
    You're going great Mel. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete