Wednesday 16 May 2012

The power of will power

Today I went out for lunch with my mum at a tavern.  They had kids meals for free on Wednesdays - and lucky for us - it was Wednesday.  So that moment was pure awesome.

So I flicked through the menu.  Most things for lunch were burgers or battered fish, there wasn't a lot of options for someone on a low crap (haha) diet.

So I ordered a chicken wrap.  That was the healthiest thing on the menu.  So it came, and there was a shitload of cheese in it.  So I scraped most of the cheese off and gave it to the baby.  That was my semi proud moment right there - not tucking in to all that cheese!

My most ultimate test of will power today was to not eat the chips that my wrap was resting on.  God they looked great and the smell! - it was making my mouth water.

So I put most of them on the side on my plate.  Then I took four out.  I was thinking that I could have four, whats four chips after all.... then I looked at Coo's plate.  She had nuggets, chips and salad.

So my will power kicked into gear - and I traded her my chips for her salad.  Then I had Speedy's salad as well.

So instead of a full plate of chips, instead of 4 chips - I had salad.

I am super proud of myself.  Super dooper proud!

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly, that's some willpower alright! You should be proud! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Mel! I am not sure that I could have done it!

    ReplyDelete