Friday 25 May 2012

Monthly weigh in

Ok so I'm a few days late, but I did weigh in on the 23rd for my monthly weigh in, pictures were taken for comparison (which I will share when I get down to about 80kg!).

Results were good, one month on the Melcra diet and I'm down to 93.8kg.  So a loss of 6.2kg.  Plus the most important news, I've dropped down a size in my jeans!  No longer a size 18, I can get comfortably into a size 16!  I haven't been a 16 in a fair while (before pregnant with Speedy I would guess) so I'm pretty happy with that result after a month.

I've caught myself snacking of a night time though, its a habitual thing.  So I'm going to cook up some popcorn (air popped) and snack on that instead of the sultanas and rice thins that I have been eating in huge amounts.

Good stuff to eat yes, but still not good in huge amounts!

I think it takes a while to change a habit, so while I can't change that, I can change how much damage is done to my diet and snack on low calorie stuff instead of the usual chips/chocolate/lollies that I used to snack on.

Oh and I keep forgetting to mention how good Elf Man is looking - he's trimmed down about 17kg from December and needs a woohoo!!!  So WOOOHOOO Elf Man, you're doing a great job :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay Mel! Fantastic effort by both you and the Elf Man. Your weight loss and life changes sound very maintainable, so you should be able to keep them up for the long term. 65 by Easter 2013 is totally achievable for you. Can't wait to read more and I'm sure next month you'll be down to size 14 jeans.

    ReplyDelete